Wednesday, April 4, 2007

Elation & disappointment

Gators have won three national championships in a row, and two against Ohio State. I'm am so psyched about that. It truly is great to be a Florida Gator right now. Historically, what the Gators have accomplished in the last two years is absolutely mind-boggling. Back-to-back basketball championships (rare enough), with the *same* starting five (only team in history), only school to have two champions in the major sports at the same time (only school in history), plus beat the same school for both of their last two championships! (Sucks to be Ohio State.... may wanna rethink that home and home deal, huh, Buckeyes?) OK, I don't want to bang on Ohio State, cause, God knows they are worlds above Miami, Tennessee, and FSU, but it is kind of fun to beat 'em twice in a row. Anyway, so thrilled to be a Gator right now, well done Ohio State... if Oden stays, you got a championship coming, and look out world... here comes Tim Tebow!

As for the disappointment: Jan Ullrich's DNA matched that found in a blood bag in the Spain doping investigation. In other words, he is a cheater. First, Tyler hamilton, then Floyd Landis, now Jan Ullrich. As a cyclist and huge fan of pro cycling, I am so disappointed and pissed off. I wish they would just race and quit cheating. I don't know if I'm even gonna watch the Tour this year. I have such a sour taste in my mouth right now.

2 comments:

Jim T said...

Don't be upset with Floyd, because we don't yet know if he cheated. Have you been following his case? The lab screwed up so many times that nothing is certain.

JB3 said...

Maybe so. I hope he is clean, but he has been so wishy-washy about it. I know he is probably just as freaked out and panicked, but I'm just really tired of all the scandal.